Champdogs Information Exchange - Not logged in
Forum Board Index Breeders Active Topics Help Search Register Login
Previous Next Up Topic Dog Boards / General / Buying Flea products without prescription
By MW184 (***) [gb] Date 07.02.08 13:06 GMT
Hi

Do any of you manage to buy Frontline or Stronghold flea treatments without a prescription?

thanks

Maxine
Maxine
By STARRYEYES (****) [gb] Date 07.02.08 13:17 GMT
strong hold need a prescription frontline drops www.hyperdrug.co.uk I think the spray still needs a prescription.
Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.
By zarah (***) [gb] Date 07.02.08 13:25 GMT
Yes, the Frontline spot-on is no longer prescription. The cheapest I could find (and with free p&p) is http://www.vetuk.co.uk/
By Bodhi (*) [gb] Date 07.02.08 13:45 GMT Edited 07.02.08 13:48 GMT
I have been buying Frontline spot-on (cat and dog) from this company for over a year.I also use them for one of my cat's prescription diet as it's a few pounds less expensive.http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/
RIP My beautiful Shepherd girl Pagan xxx Sleep tight
By ClaireyS (****) [gb] Date 07.02.08 14:18 GMT
I use VetUK, have found them to be the cheapest for frontline and drontal.
Hit goal weight back in May .... could still do with losing a bit more though !!
By MW184 (***) [gb] Date 07.02.08 15:42 GMT
thanks very much everyone

Maxine
Maxine
By Jolene (**) [gb] Date 07.02.08 16:58 GMT
I found that "Advocate" which does need a prescription, was luckily the same price with the Vet as the online stores, thank goodness LOL
"Jo" ;-)
By Moonmaiden (****) [gb] Date 07.02.08 17:13 GMT
Don't forget that Advocate contains an Invermectin derivative & should not be used on herding breeds that haven't been  MDR 1 tested
MM \O^O/ OMG Rjj is 4 eek cool Jessie is 3 :-) Mr Wu is 1 eek eek Roodee is here ;-)
By tazman [gb] Date 08.02.08 16:19 GMT
Hi i read this post with much interest i have found www.MedicAnimal.com has frontline cheaper than vetuk although drontal is the same price. I get my dogs easeflex from them and got a discount with my first order and free delivery which was cool and you do have to always watch the pounds you spend on our lovely pets. I have aslo ordered food from them which was delivered the next day by buisness post.
By LindaMorgan (**) [gb] Date 09.02.08 00:24 GMT
I have always used petmeds, will check the other sites now
hope 2009 is better than 2008
By LindaMorgan (**) [gb] Date 09.02.08 00:29 GMT
just checked and the frontline is cheaper on petmeds than on medic animal
hope 2009 is better than 2008
By gwen (***) [gb] Date 09.02.08 09:42 GMT
I use Stronghold, not Frontline, and the difference between the online stores and my Vet is minimal, so not worth going ot the hassle of getting the prescription and doing mail order.  However, reading an American Groomin equip catalogue I noticed they now have Frontline in 2 different options - a 3 months and a 6 month dose, don't htink I have seen this here yet.  Was surprised to see the Advantage was cheaper, had always assumed it was more.

ye
Gwen
Previous Next Up Topic Dog Boards / General / Buying Flea products without prescription
About Us - Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy