Champdogs Information Exchange - Not logged in
Forum Board Index Breeders Active Topics Help Search Register Login
Previous Next Up Topic Dog Boards / Breeding / Worming a lactating bitch
By pepsi1 (**) [gb] Date 08.10.08 11:42 GMT
Im using drontal on my pups when they are wormed, i also use drontal on mum, is it safe to worm her while the pups are nursing from her and if so should i worm her at the same time as pups or just after/before pups have been wormed?
By pugnut (**) [gb] Date 09.10.08 08:19 GMT
I dont know about the use of drontal during lactation (although I shouldnt imagine it would do any harm as you would be worming the pups with the same product at the same time). Check the company website for details or ring your vet for advise.

Personally I use Panacur 10% over a three day period at 2, 5, 8 and 10 weeks aswell as dosing mum at the same time.

Check the packaging or ring your vet, goodluck! :-)
'Multum in Parvo'
By crofty (*) [gb] Date 30.10.08 22:37 GMT
Hi, Sorry I know exactly what I am to give my pups they are on Panacur 10%.  I am really struggerling with what I should give Mum.  She was wormed on Panacur from day 40 to 2 days post whelp. Pups are just 2 weeks old, so have started to worm today, do I worm her with a normal adult doseage or does she have a smaller dose over 3 days?

Thank you.

By Jeangenie (*****) [gb] Date 30.10.08 22:39 GMT
Ask your vet. He/she's trained in these matters.
A closed mouth gathers no feet
By JeanSW (****) [gb] Date 31.10.08 21:49 GMT

> Hi, Sorry I know exactly what I am to give my pups they are on Panacur 10%.  I am really struggerling with what I should give Mum.  She was wormed on Panacur from day 40 to 2 days post whelp. Pups are just 2 weeks old, so have started to worm today, do I worm her with a normal adult doseage or does she have a smaller dose over 3 days?
>
>

My bitches are wormed with Panacur 10% too, up to 2 days post whelp.  The information sheet I had for Panacur informed to worm bitch at the same time as puppies.  Pups for 3 days, and dam on first day only, at normal adult dose.  I have used this on all my girls, with no problems.
The hurrier I go - the behinder I get!
By crofty (*) [gb] Date 31.10.08 22:29 GMT
Thank you JeanSW, that is what I thought, just glad someone could claify it for me.
Previous Next Up Topic Dog Boards / Breeding / Worming a lactating bitch
About Us - Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy