Champdogs Information Exchange - Not logged in
Forum Board Index Breeders Active Topics Help Search Register Login
Previous Next Up Topic Dog Boards / Showing / Travelodge £9 pound rooms on again
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 30.12.08 19:35 GMT Edited 30.12.08 19:38 GMT
Any of you looking for a room to be near the dog shows look on the Travelodge site, they have their £9 offer on today, managed to nab some, took me an absolute age as it kept saying their server was busy but I persevered and got some, worth a look.
Yvonne.
By sal (**) [gb] Date 30.12.08 22:02 GMT
thanks Yvonne.  whats the score cost wise re; dogs???.   do you still get  one dog to stay for free??  havent used travelodge for a while so unsure
one dog is never enough.
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 30.12.08 22:18 GMT
Hi sal, I only take one of my boys to the hotels and they charge £10 for him payable when you arrive, not sure if you take more then one goes free, worth asking anyway :-)
By kayenine (**) [gb] Date 30.12.08 23:40 GMT
Unless anything's changed recently, you can take a maximum of 2 dogs and they charge £10 each (per stay, not per night)
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 08:34 GMT
Maybe thats the reason some guy left his dogs in the car park in the van all night last time I stayed at a travelodge, I think he had 3 or 4 dogs, personally I would be worried sick to leave them out there, would end up sleeping in the car with them, kind of defeats the object of booking a hotel lol.
By kenya (***) [gb] Date 31.12.08 10:06 GMT
We paid £20 for our 2 Danes recently at a Travel lodge, I felt like going to the van for a sleep, as they slept on there blanket on the bed, and there was no room for us!!
By craigles (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 10:28 GMT
I use the £9.00 rooms when available not for dog shows as I don't show but didn't even realise you could take dogs! doh!  I would willingly pay for my lab to come with us he's well behaved and there are so many lovely walks for him around where my Mum lives. 
By sal (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 11:19 GMT
£10 per dog crikey......................... last time i stayed in one dogs were free.
one dog is never enough.
By Isabel (****) [gb] Date 31.12.08 11:27 GMT

> £10 per dog crikey......................... last time i stayed in one dogs were free.

It does seem a lot doesn't it, especially if they charge £20 for two.  Hard to imagine that dogs would leave that much more cleaning to do.  A few dog hairs maybe but they have to vacuum anyway.  Or should do anyway :-)  I can imagine that some humans make more mess to be cleared up if they have been getting drunk at a wedding for instance.  I suppose you takes ya choice and pays ya money :-)
Eco Warrior - Motto "vous serez tous désolé"
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 11:33 GMT
LOL at kenya, visions of the Danes stretched out snoozing happily on the bed while you get up in the morning with an awful backache after trying to sleep on 2 inches of the bed all night :-D
By Astarte (****) [gb] Date 31.12.08 11:41 GMT
this is really getting on my goat! it keeps telling me the servers to busy. gah.
you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here
By kayenine (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 11:57 GMT

>   I can imagine that some humans make more mess to be cleared up

Stayed at a Travelodge a couple of years ago with one of my dogs, the first thing he did as soon as we got in the room was crawl under the bed and finish off the chips that had been left by the previous occupant
By STARRYEYES (****) [gb] Date 31.12.08 11:58 GMT
I dont mind paying the £10 ....especially after my then puppy  ( she is now over 2yrs) jumped on the bed  (before I could get her off ) with such excitement at being in a new place and peed I was mortified as she had been taken outside numerous times to toilet, her crate was set up but I was just sorting my self out when she did it .
Hubby was shouting get her off as I was trying she thought it was a game ,I put her in her crate and quickly stripped the bed so it didnt go through ...so there we were standing staring at a load of bedding soaked in pee (slight exageration) Of course it was me who had the embarassment  going down to  explain to the reception . The girl was so lovely said dont worry I will be up with some clean bedding ...when she arrived she insisted on making the bed for us and removed all the wet bedding completely unmoved by the situation and said no worries . So paying a tenner for me no problem!!

I think it happened as my dogs are not allowed upstairs at home so all the smells of different people probably got her excited just that little bit too much now upon arrival ...straight into the crate until I am sorted out.LOL
Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.
By kayenine (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 12:00 GMT

> this is really getting on my goat! it keeps telling me the servers to busy. gah.

Use the following link instead - it's really for mobile phone/pda use so is a cut down version of the site but you don't get 'server busy'

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/mobile/
By Isabel (****) [gb] Date 31.12.08 12:07 GMT

> especially after my then puppy  ( she is now over 2yrs) jumped on the bed  (before I could get her off ) with such excitement at being in a new place and peed

:-D  Well there is always one!  Paying for extra cleaning when it occurs would be fairer but hard to adminster and open to argy bargy I suppose.
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 12:27 GMT
Starryeyes how embarrassing LOL, found the staff at the travelodges to be really pleasant and helpful to so am also happy to pay the £10, lets face it most hotels wont have dogs in them anyway so I'm glad that travelodge still will.
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 12:28 GMT
Good link kayenine, thankyou :-)
By Isabel (****) [gb] Date 31.12.08 12:32 GMT

> lets face it most hotels wont have dogs in them anyway

That's true, of the big chains anyway, so they have us over a barrel but I do find, in the north anyway, a surprising number of small hotels and B&Bs are happy to take them.  No extra charges either.
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 12:36 GMT
I wish someone would make a list up (if there isnt one already) of hotels and B&B's that will accept dogs, I've only just started to use Travelodge's so haven't heard of any other places yet, would be useful if anyone could post where they have stayed and if they were charged for dogs.
By Isabel (****) [gb] Date 31.12.08 13:08 GMT
If you Google "pets welcome" or "pet friendly" quite a few sites exist and there is a book Pets Welcome.  The B&Bs I have used have generally been in North of England and Scotland on nights when putting up the tent was not too inviting :-).  We would generally get a list from the Tourist Information for the area we were travelling in and just phone any with a dog symbol.  It is rather hit and miss as to just what they are like but you do have the TI rating as a guide too. 
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 13:25 GMT
Will try that Isabel, in fact I have only been using hotels since the weather turned so horrible, it would not have been pleasant to take the caravan, by the time we got it set up and gennie running we would have froze to death so opted for a hotel stay, was pleasantly surprised I must say, will use the caravan again at summer shows but now will use hotels or B&B's for winter ones.
By sal (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 13:34 GMT
dont blame you Pap.

heres a good link

http://www.dogfriendlybritain.co.uk/directory.asp?Category=1
one dog is never enough.
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 14:01 GMT
Thanks sal :-)
By STARRYEYES (****) [gb] Date 31.12.08 18:52 GMT
depending on what you want to pay I use this website you can book but they dont take a deposit and if you cancel 24 hrs in advance you dont pay.
http://www.priceline.co.uk/ you can look down each hotels details and most tell you if they take pets.

Roni
Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 19:29 GMT
Thanks Roni, I just tried it and put in Malvern to test out what hotels and prices came up, it said there were hotels from £24 per night buut I dont see them in the list, is there a certain way to find the starting from price hotels?
Yvonne.
By Papillon (**) [gb] Date 31.12.08 19:31 GMT
Its ok just found it :-)
Previous Next Up Topic Dog Boards / Showing / Travelodge £9 pound rooms on again
About Us - Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy