Champdogs Information Exchange - Not logged in
Forum Board Index Breeders Active Topics Help Search Register Login
Previous Next Up Topic Dog Boards / Behaviour / 8 week old pup staffy nipping whats best way to train him
By morganandnico [gb] Date 20.03.09 22:28 GMT
hi everyone ive got a wee cheeky chap called nico who is awseume wee staffy but he is nipping i understand this is because he is testing his bite and just playing but ideally want him to stop and with the rest of his training toilet training obediance what the best way to go he isnt a bad puppy just when gets excited with the kids and nips its funny because my 9 month daughter and him have swapped all there toys she wont play with hers but wants his and he isnt bothered bout his but wants to play with hers
By Dill (****) [gb] Date 21.03.09 18:22 GMT
http://www.jersey.net/~mountaindog/berner1/bitestop.htm

Read this, excellent advice and works too :-)

I'd also suggest getting The Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey - really helpful for bringing up your pup to be a lovely dog :-)
Neither a Psychic, nor a Clairvoyant!
By Astarte (****) [gb] Date 21.03.09 18:26 GMT

> its funny because my 9 month daughter and him have swapped all there toys she wont play with hers but wants his and he isnt bothered bout his but wants to play with hers

better than them both wanting the same toys :-)
you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here
By morganandnico [gb] Date 09.04.09 20:06 GMT
hi thanks for advice sorry not been on work hectic well nicos doing really well almost fully house trained just odd wee accident with peeing loves toilet roll thow total of bout 20 so far will get pics uploaded funny as hes being awsume with kids and nipping is almost done with just odd mouthing with me as wee play wee bit rougher and he is awsume with other dogs aswell
By Astarte (****) [gb] Date 09.04.09 20:42 GMT
Glad everythings going well :-)
you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here
Previous Next Up Topic Dog Boards / Behaviour / 8 week old pup staffy nipping whats best way to train him
About Us - Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy