Champdogs Information Exchange - Not logged in
Forum Board Index Breeders Active Topics Help Search Register Login
Previous Next Up Topic Dog Boards / General / CaniX
By Dakkobear (***) [gb] Date 22.03.11 13:29 GMT
This will sound like a daft question but it has bugged me for a while.
How do you pronounce it?

Is it can as in canter - or can as in canine?

Then is it cani - cross or canicks?

Does it matter? Probably not but I would like to know :-)
By MsTemeraire (***) [gb] Date 22.03.11 13:37 GMT
Pretty sure it's "canny-cross" after watching it on the Crufts live streaming.
Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative.
By rachelsetters (***) [fr] Date 22.03.11 13:39 GMT
Cani Cross is the event

CaniX (canicks) is the organisation that runs the events - as heard on Crufts by the chap that runs CaniX.
By Paula Dal (**) [gb] Date 22.03.11 16:57 GMT
I thought it stood for canine cross country?
I also heard the commentator at Crufts announce it as Canny Cross ;-)
Paula
By lucyandmeg (***) [gb] Date 22.03.11 17:03 GMT
I think rachelsetters is right, cani cross (canny cross) is the sport and cani x (cannicks) is the organisation that runs the events.
By ClaireyS (****) [gb] Date 22.03.11 17:14 GMT
Canix (canicks) is the main organisation that runs the events ....... it stands for canine cross country.

Cani-cross is the art of running with dogs attached :-)
Hit goal weight back in May .... could still do with losing a bit more though !!
By rachelsetters (***) [gb] Date 22.03.11 19:31 GMT
See I do listen :-)
By Dakkobear (***) [gb] Date 23.03.11 21:23 GMT
Thanks people - I will stick with canny cross then :-)

That's one less thing to bug me :-)
By Harley (***) [gb] Date 23.03.11 22:58 GMT
I thought you were planning on taking up the sport M :-)
By suejaw (****) [gb] Date 23.03.11 23:18 GMT
I hope to join up on the Canny Cross ;-), come on M get involved!!! 
By ClaireyS (****) [gb] Date 24.03.11 06:57 GMT
Bagshot in a couple of weeks Sue, no time like the present .........
Hit goal weight back in May .... could still do with losing a bit more though !!
By suejaw (****) [gb] Date 24.03.11 08:19 GMT

> no time like the present .........

Can't make it all the way up there and work in the afternoon back down here :-( If I was off then yes i'd of given that a go. I have no issues in me running that, but would have to find a willing and able dog.
When you enter do you have to put dog details down? I was thinking whether I can go about arranging that last minute if I were to enter one of these? Then again I still need to get A into gear and do some Parkruns!!!
By LJS (****) [nl] Date 24.03.11 08:23 GMT
I thought you were planning on taking up the sport M  I am waiting with anticipation on the reply to this LOL ! :-D
By ClaireyS (****) [gb] Date 24.03.11 08:25 GMT
Sue, you can put any dog down, it doesnt matter if you change it on the day (best to let them know though so they announce the right name and breed when you cross the finish line lol !!!
By perrodeagua (****) [gb] Date 24.03.11 08:27 GMT
It is your dog that is registered when you join but I would think if something came up they would be OK with a change, don't know if you have to notify them beforehand?
If I wanted a Poodle, OES, TT or IWS I would have bought one. SWD's shd. be natural and rustic. No
By Dakkobear (***) [gb] Date 24.03.11 09:40 GMT

> I thought you were planning on taking up the sport M :-)

hmmmm - well if the dog were strong enough to pull me rather than me having to actually run then I might think about it. Then again the SSPCA might arrest me for cruelty to dogs - maybe I should harness all three to me along with the horse :-D

My version of cross country at school was to jog out of the school gates ( teacher watching) - wander to ice cream van and buy cone - have a wee chat while sauntering around the park paths (our school was next to a huge park), walk briskly back along the Main Road then jog back in the gate :-D :-D

Actually, that's pretty much like a dog walk now - except there is never an ice cream van! :-D
By ClaireyS (****) [gb] Date 24.03.11 17:55 GMT

> It is your dog that is registered when you join but I would think if something came up they would be OK with a change, don't know if you have to notify them beforehand?

no you dont have to notify them although its best to, its only the European Championships that you cant change dogs, but even then you have up to something like 48 hours before the race to decide which dog to run.

Someone borrowed Alfie my Setter last weekend, as they came to the finish line he was announced as Mollie the bearded collie lol !!!
By suejaw (****) [gb] Date 25.03.11 01:39 GMT

> Someone borrowed Alfie my Setter last weekend, as they came to the finish line he was announced as Mollie the bearded collie lol !!!

LMAO... Thanks all good to know. If I start getting in the practice now maybe Kai could do it, but just not sure he is really up for 5km of jogging.. Think he managed 3km the other day and that was pushing it, lol.. So we'll see. Maybe someone will donate a dog to me on the day?
Previous Next Up Topic Dog Boards / General / CaniX
About Us - Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy